Return to Movement: Yoga for Post-Injury or Post-Surgical Recovery
Time & Location
About the Event
While working with people who are returning to movement from an injury or surgery, I have learned a few things: first of all, it is mentally, physically and emotionally challenging.
Whether the injury was to the shoulder, ankle, or back, the road to recovery looks very similar for most people: slowly returning to movement, re-establishing mobility, and building up strength. Additionally, I hear a common theme in that most people worry about whether he/she will be able to a beloved activity again.
Therefore, I am forming an entirely virtual 6 week small group program for people who have completed or are currently in a post-injury rehabilitation program and would like to establish or return to movement through a yoga practice where he/she has a safe place to explore one's "new" body, while also engaging in breathing exercises and meditation to keep the nervous system calm.
The benefits of yoga are and continue to be studied and supported. As a certified yoga instructor, psychology degree holder and lifelong athlete, I understand that injuries and recovery are a part of life. Yoga provides a constant practice in which one can continuously, because it is scalable and can be adapted to wherever the practitioner is in life.
The 6 week group starts Saturday, February 27th, and includes the following:
- access to a small private group with other members seeking ongoing daily support and sense of community during recovery.
- 6 technique-building livestream sessions delivered on Saturday's at 11:00am (one per week) that will address troubleshooting each of the major pressure points for returning to movement with yogic principles. All sessions will be available for playback during the 6 week session:
- ANKLES AND FEET
- KNEES AND HIPS
- THE SPINE
- BALANCING STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY IN FULL BODY MOVEMENTS
- Three (30-minute livestream) classes delivered on Mondays from 5:30-6:00pm (every other week) throughout the program to integrate and apply what has been practiced (playback option available).
- Three virtual coffee/tea chats (every other week) on Wednesdays at noon to discuss the healing progress of our participants (playback option available).
- A 10 minute (one-on-one) virtual check-in with Janet, if needed at a convenient time for both parties.
- A one month reduced price membership to Pearl Live! (our virtual platform) to be used in April, May or June 2021.
The 6 week program is available for $200/person, and there are a maximum of 10 spots.
I look forward to working with you!
Janet Gallo Markowski
- 1 Person$200+$5 Service fee$200+$5 Service fee0$0